Tuesday, January 8, 2013

VEGAS BABY!!!

I'm just going to start this post by saying how great it is to be out of LA for a minute...and it's also not bad spending someone much needed and always appreciated time with the fam.  We're not all together (that doesn't happen as much as I'd like), but I've got Momma Kath, Papa Steve and Sister Sledge...so not doing too bad.  Lol.  I'm actually nominated for not one, but two hosting awards (my first nominations ever), so my family is here to support...because that's how we roll.  I'm up for Best Live Host with my beautiful co-host Kristyn Burtt as well as Best Live Show for our work on AfterBuzz TV's So You Think You Can Dance last summer.  I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty proud of it and can't help but get a little teary eyed thinking about my family and how they ALWAYS support my dreams...I'm a lucky guy!  The chances of a win tonight are slim and that doesn't bother me at all actually.  I'm a super competitive guy, but in this scenario I'm just humbled to even be recognized and up against such talented hosts.  Don't get it twisted though...I will win awards some day, just maybe not today ;-)

One thing I can promise you...THIS DUDE GONNA LOOK FLY TONIGHT!!!  Kari and her boyfriend Jason got me the sickest midnight blue velvet blazer and pants for Christmas and you know I will rock that look tonight (again...it's how we roll)!  I love getting dressed up and going to special events with these people.  I usually end up slurring my speech and telling everyone how much I love them, Mom will laugh til she cries and swear she's not drunk all night, Steve will undoubtedly crack open that Black Velvet whisky we snagged at the liquor store yesterday and Kari, as always, will be my ridiculous partner in crime...just the way I like it!  The bloody mary bar is stocked, my blazer is pressed and Kari's hair extensions are in...shit's about to get real!  I'll do my best to update you guys tomorrow and let you know how it all played out and there will definitely be some fun pics...I'm sure my family will not disappoint me in the embarrassing stories department...somehow, they never do.

2 comments:

  1. They aren't the only one's proud of you A.J. Your hometown loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em...that means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete